Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

OPEN HEART SURGERY

JFK+50:  Volume 6, No. 1771

JFK+50 SIDELINED BY OPEN HEART SURGERY

Knoxville, TN (JFK+50) We apologize for the failure to publish our daily posts over the last several days.  Last Wednesday, November 11, 2015, we went for a stress test and they found major blockages in three of our arteries including the main artery.  They immediately scheduled us for open heart surgery the next morning. 

We had the best of care at the Fort Standers Hospital Heart Center here in Knoxville.  After several days of recovery, we are back at home.  My doctors tell me I am doing fine except I do have a partial loss of vision in the right eye.

This makes it very difficult for me to see clearly even with glasses or contacts.  It seems a small piece of plaque broke off during the surgery & traveled to the back of the brain.

They are hopeful this will resolve itself over time as the brain adapts to the trauma.  While happy and feeling fortunate to have survived, I am disappointed that I cannot see so well right now.  I will do what they tell me and hope and pray that I get most of the vision back.

We will try to post as we can, but we may have to cut back from the daily posts we did for five years.

I will dedicate one of my future posts to the open heart procedure and hope to tell the world about the wonderful cardiac surgeons who saved my life.

Thanks for your understanding and hope you will be patient with me as I make my recovery over the next several weeks.  I need to thank my family for their support through this difficult time.

John White